To keep everyone safe when we’re working in your home, we’ll do the following.
- Stay updated with the latest guidance
- Carry out and publish risk assessments (see below), in line with 'Covid-19 Secure’ safety guidelines.
- Reduce the number of people anyone has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’, so each person works with only a few others.
- Allocate the same workers to a household where jobs are repetitive (where we can).
- Make sure that only people who really need to be there come to your home.
- We’ll wear face coverings in your home and in enclosed public communal areas where social distancing is more difficult – such as corridors, stairs and lifts.
- We’ll avoid working in households which are isolating because someone has symptoms or has been advised to shield - unless it’s to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household.
- We’ll make advance arrangements to avoid face-to-face contact (such as for answering the door) when we’re working in a household where somebody’s clinically vulnerable but hasn’t been asked to shield - for example, someone over 70.
Working in your home
- We’ll be in touch before we arrive, so you understand the social distancing and hygiene measures that everyone should follow once work begins.
- We’ll try to call you when we arrive, rather than use the doorbell.
- We’ll talk to you about how we’ll do the job and what we need you to do.
- We’ll identify busy areas in your home where people travel (for example, stairs and corridors) and minimise movement within these.
- We’ll limit the number of workers within a confined space, to maintain social distancing.
- We’ll frequently clean objects and surfaces that people touch a lot.
- We’ll keep 2 metres apart where we can. If we can’t do this, we’ll wash hands and clean surfaces more frequently
- keeping the activity time involved as short as possible
- using screens or barriers to separate people from each other
- using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- We’ll bring our own food and drink and take breaks outside.
- We’ll make sure social distancing and hygiene measures are also followed when supplies or tools are delivered.
- We’ll arrange with you how we’ll safely dispose of waste and we’ll remove waste and any belongings from the work area at the end of a shift and at the end of a job.
We need you to:
- Be open and honest and confirm that you’re not suffering Covid-19 symptoms and, to the best of your knowledge, aren’t infected with the virus
- Leave the room where we’re working, to give our teams space – or stay 2 metres away if not
- Keep children and pets away from where we’re working
- Leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles
- Open the windows in rooms where we’ll be working (where you can).
You can also help by making sure we have your contact details (it’s easiest to register on My.Sovereign.org.uk to update them) and telling us early if you need to change an appointment.
We’ve also carried out more detailed risk assessments about safe ways of working.
Did you find this useful?