If you're finding it difficult to access loans and open bank accounts, this might be because lenders can't verify your address or don't have enough information about your credit history.
A good credit profile will make it easier for you to open or change bank accounts, shop online, get better mobile phone rates, receive better gas and electricity rates, and obtain cheaper credit. Visit Money Advice Service’s guide on how to boost your credit rating
Your credit rating and report is what lenders look at when they decide what to offer you.
5 ways to improve your credit score
- Make sure you register to vote.
- Never miss or be late on any credit repayments.
- Don’t take out pay day loans
- Avoid making a number of applications for credit
- Never use your credit card to withdraw cash
To check your credit score and find out more ways to improve your chances of getting credit, visit www.moneysavingexpert.com
Did you find this useful?